PRA Group

Farm1

#1 PRA Group

Post by Farm1 » 07 Dec 2017 20:37

Hi I would like some advice with regards to the PRA Group please.

I had a BoS credit card debt of £8,000 which was purchased by pra group.

They took this to court but we came to an aagreement out of court. The agreement was that i would pay £20 a month as long as i was not given a ccj which was ok.

The problem i have is that my credit file is showing a default every month even though i pay the set amount by direct debit every month.

I have contacted noddle about this and they have replied that pra group will not ammend this.

Do i have any say in the matter, can they legally do this?

Any help would be appreciated

Michelle

#2 Re: PRA Group

Post by Michelle » 08 Dec 2017 16:51

The default will stay in place for six years from the date it was recorded, those are the rules. Once the six years have lapsed, it should disappear, as long as the creditor does not obtain a CCJ against you.

The key date here is when the default was recorded, not when they went to court. It should have been recorded between 3 and 6 months after you stop paying your BoS card and not then PRA bought the debt, which could be years later. Debt purchasers are well know for fiddling with the dates. But other than that, I'm afraid the default will stay in place for six years, as it's to do with not having paid your BoS card rather than the current payment arrangement you have with PRA. As only ONE default can be recorded per debt, they could not record a new default for this same debt.
Listen very carefully, I shall post this only once:
Anything posted by me is from my own knowledge and experience, it is not legal advice or the official views of this forum.

Knowledge is Power.