Wrong name on letter

Not paying you

#1 Wrong name on letter

Post by Not paying you » 14 Feb 2017 12:31

Hi,
Balliffs turned up to my moms house for a debt for over paid housing benefit (never new about) this is the first time I've ever herd about this. I've made a few phone calls to find out more about it but Rundles enforcement agents are useless and did not help. When they asked for reference number I give it to them and the debt is in the name of Christopher William and my first name is right but second name is not mine. Can I get them to stop the debt because it all in a different name and it's not a typeo it's the wrong name. If I can stop it can someone put some good legal advice I can use when I ring them back Friday.

Thank you for reading

jasonDWB

#2 Re: Wrong name on letter

Post by jasonDWB » 14 Feb 2017 15:01

You don't need to ring them back.

The debt is nothing to do with you. They cannot enforce anything against your mum.

Paragraph 10 of Schedule 12 of the Tribunals Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 states:
  • An enforcement agent may take control of goods only if they are goods of the debtor
The bailiff will have to return the case back to the creditor as unenforceable. There is no debtor.
Author, Dealing with Bailiffs. Beat the Bailiffs
Instant phone consultation with me: Click here

Not paying you

#3 Re: Wrong name on letter

Post by Not paying you » 14 Feb 2017 15:28

Is th debt nothing todo with me because of the name is wrong?
My mom dose not care she only bother by the way they tried to intimidate my 17 year old brother

jasonDWB

#4 Re: Wrong name on letter

Post by jasonDWB » 14 Feb 2017 16:11

If the name is not you then the enforcement power is ineffective.
Author, Dealing with Bailiffs. Beat the Bailiffs
Instant phone consultation with me: Click here