County Court notice of warrant.

kazjane68

#1 County Court notice of warrant.

Post by kazjane68 » 30 May 2017 18:04

Hello, today I received a notice of warrant from my local county Court for a ccj I have been unable to pay for £570 for Cabot financial. I am absolutely terrified. I suffer from anxiety, depression and agoraphobia. I have not left the house since February 24th 20015. I receive ESA and PIP. I don't know what to do!! I have extreme difficulty in seeing or speaking to people and the thought that balliffs will be coming to my home is making me go into meltdown. No one comes to my house! I used to have a community psychiatric nurse who dealt with everything for me, forms , benefits etc but she doesn't come any more because of funding. I have read online that there is a form I can fill in to have the warrant out aside but how do I get it when I can't leave the house. Please could somebody help me? I don't think I'm strong enough to even call them. It makes me feel physically sick.

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#2 Re: County Court notice of warrant.

Post by Pote Snitkin » 30 May 2017 18:27

It's a very simple process and can all be done online.

If you didn't know about the debt or didn't have the opportunity to attend court then you apply for a set aside using form N244

If you accept the debt but cannot afford the repayments you apply for a variation using form N245

There are fees to pay but as you are on benefits you would be eligible for an exemption using form EX160.

Go to the .gov website and follow the links. Post back if you need anything.

https://www.gov.uk/county-court-judgments-ccj-for-debt
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

kazjane68

#3 Re: County Court notice of warrant.

Post by kazjane68 » 30 May 2017 18:34

Thank you!

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#4 Re: County Court notice of warrant.

Post by Pote Snitkin » 30 May 2017 18:52

Without wanting to overwhelm you, but did you contest the claim? You usually discover that debt buyers like Cabot don't have sufficient information to actually enforce the debt.
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

kazjane68

#5 Re: County Court notice of warrant.

Post by kazjane68 » 30 May 2017 19:36

No I haven't contested anything. I have no idea what the original debt was even for. I just want to get it sorted so I can try to get back to my normal.

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#6 Re: County Court notice of warrant.

Post by Pote Snitkin » 30 May 2017 19:44

Ok then you need to apply for a set aside citing this was a default judgement as you were unaware of the proceedings and have no details of the alleged debt. Once you've done that come back and we'll talk you through contesting the claim. It's very simple and puts Cabot under strict proof.

These are the rules of court when applying for a default set aside - https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/proce ... les/part13

Any problems, post back.