PRA Group

Harassed

#1 PRA Group

Post by Harassed » 14 Dec 2017 18:20

Hello I can see there are a lot of posts here regarding this 'group'
Back in 2010 when I moved back to the country I discovered a woman who had moved into my old address had run up a pile of debt in my name and done a bunk. (This was 2007)
I am 10 years down the line being harassed by this company, over 30 calls a month, which is disrupting my business as I'm not picking up my messages anymore because so many of them are from PRA.
Firstly it wasn't my debt and they have had all the relevant information including police reference numbers and secondly, the statute barred debt law what they are doing is illegal so I'd like to know how I go about taking legal action against them?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Schedule 12

#2 Re: PRA Group

Post by Schedule 12 » 14 Dec 2017 23:57

Harassed wrote:
14 Dec 2017 18:20
Hello I can see there are a lot of posts here regarding this 'group'
Whenever I am on the telly talking about bailiffs, the BBC gets trolls ringing up and complaining. One is a known activist who we think may have an undiagnosed obsessive-compulsive disorder. We know a sibling of hers sibling has been diagnosed with the condition. Another individual, a solicitor for a bailiff company even sent his trademark angry letters threatening to "shut down" the BBC!. It was quite bizarre, to say the least. The same solicitor makes another complaint because his original complaint is forwarded to me to answer.

Back in 2010 when I moved back to the country I discovered a woman who had moved into my old address had run up a pile of debt in my name and done a bunk. (This was 2007)
I am 10 years down the line being harassed by this company, over 30 calls a month, which is disrupting my business as I'm not picking up my messages anymore because so many of them are from PRA.
If you have an android phone, you can block them from calling you. You can even use an app to give a pre-recorded message or divert their calls back to their own public telephone helpline. They soon get the message.

Firstly it wasn't my debt and they have had all the relevant information including police reference numbers and secondly, the statute barred debt law what they are doing is illegal so I'd like to know how I go about taking legal action against them?
The law is section 2 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. You must give them an opportunity to cease contacting you, and when there is a breach you can apply to the court for a restraining order.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk