Help and advice

Paul2018

Help and advice

Post by Paul2018 » 01 Mar 2018 01:04

Hi I’m a newbie here

I’m looking for some advice. I have recently found after checking my credit file as I was knocked back for a mobile phone I have a ccj registered against me with Lowell for a debt with catalog company. A few things. Firstly the debt was defaulted on July 2012 but Lowell took a ccj out against me in November 2017. I wasn’t living with my ex at the time due to a break down in my marriage and serious health problems. I was staying with my dad as my mother had recently past. My bank accounts and telephone bill was still registered at my ccj address but my ex was passing on my mail. I never received the ccj letters from Lowell. I’m now back with my wife since Christmas 2017 I’m now getting letters from Lowell saying they will enforce the ccj with bailiffs and due to my health problems I’m very worried and don’t know what to do. I’m near bed ridden now due to pain and I am on antidepressants as I’ve been in a very dark place lately. I really don’t know where to turn. Can I have the ccj removed as I didn’t ever see it? But I do owe the money. I didn’t pay it as I was going threw the process of dla to pip and many medical exams and didn’t have the funds to pay. What’s the best coarse of action ? Please can someone help me and tell me what to do I’m worried for myself and my wife and young children. Thanks in advance.

Paul2018

Re: Help and advice

Post by Paul2018 » 01 Mar 2018 01:10

Just one more thing my missus did ring Lowell about 10 times and told them I wasn’t living there at that time but they still kept sending demands. But no sign of the ccj papers.

Mark of Cymru

Post by Mark of Cymru » 01 Mar 2018 08:28

Hi, I am new here as well but have had several years experience in dealing with bailiffs and debt collectors myself and for other people. Most letters I see from Lowells and other debt collectors use scare tactics to get you to make contact, not saying they will not use bailiffs, but most of time they seem to threaten it as standard just to get you to make contact with them. If you never had any service of any paperwork regarding a court hearing which led to the ccj you can put in an N244 application to set it aside due to lack of service. I think the other side i.e. Lowells have to prove service. There is a court fee for the application but you can use form EX160 if you cannot afford the fee due to low income/being on benefits etc. You could also say if you decide to send any reply to Lowell’s that regarding their threats to instruct bailiffs, under the Taking Control of Goods National Standards 2014 and the Taking Control of Goods (Fees) Regulations 2013 and 2014 you are considered as a vulnerable household.

Schedule 12

Post by Schedule 12 » 02 Mar 2018 15:42

Paul2018 wrote:
01 Mar 2018 01:04
Hi I’m a newbie here

I’m looking for some advice. I have recently found after checking my credit file as I was knocked back for a mobile phone I have a ccj registered against me with Lowell for a debt with catalog company.
Visit https://www.trustonline.org.uk/ and do a search on yourself and download any judgments.

If you didn't know about them, or they have the wrong address for you, then you can apply to set aside the judgment because you don't know what the claim particulars are and your service address is wrong.

A few things. Firstly the debt was defaulted on July 2012 but Lowell took a ccj out against me in November 2017. I wasn’t living with my ex at the time due to a break down in my marriage and serious health problems. I was staying with my dad as my mother had recently past.

There is your wrong address.

My bank accounts and telephone bill was still registered at my ccj address but my ex was passing on my mail. I never received the ccj letters from Lowell. I’m now back with my wife since Christmas 2017 I’m now getting letters from Lowell saying they will enforce the ccj with bailiffs and due to my health problems I’m very worried and don’t know what to do. I’m near bed ridden
Enforcement will probably fail because you are a vulnerable person for the purpose of civil enforcement. This article tells you more: http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/Ba ... eholds.htm

now due to pain and I am on antidepressants as I’ve been in a very dark place lately. I really don’t know where to turn. Can I have the ccj removed as I didn’t ever see it? But I do owe the money. I didn’t pay it as I was going threw the process of dla to pip and many medical exams and didn’t have the funds to pay. What’s the best coarse of action ? Please can someone help me and tell me what to do I’m worried for myself and my wife and young children. Thanks in advance.
Put a stop on the judgment, Its done on a form N244.
I am a paralegal working for solicitors bringing proceedings against bailiffs for non-compliant enforcement action.

Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Phone consultation with me

Enforcement compliance Checklist

Schedule 12

Post by Schedule 12 » 02 Mar 2018 15:42

Paul2018 wrote:
01 Mar 2018 01:10
Just one more thing my missus did ring Lowell about 10 times and told them I wasn’t living there at that time but they still kept sending demands. But no sign of the ccj papers.
Stop ringing them. They will mess you about. Just get the judgment set aside,
I am a paralegal working for solicitors bringing proceedings against bailiffs for non-compliant enforcement action.

Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Phone consultation with me

Enforcement compliance Checklist