Enforcement officer..

Apply to Stay the Writ. Set Aside the Judgment. Apply for more time to pay. Stop the Bailiff. Cancel the Fees.
Carlacee

#1 Enforcement officer..

Post by Carlacee » 02 May 2017 15:46

An enforcement officer arrived at my house this morning and told me if I did not open my front door to my flat he would send for the locksmith.I was alone in my home,not dressed and this visit was unexpected.I felt I had no choice but to let him in whereby he informed me I had a debt of £1050.00 for non payment of court fees for unpaid TV licence fees and fines for my children's non attendance at school.He said these debts were from 2010.He informed me within minutes that he would be sending for a removal van to remove all goods from my house even though he could clearly see the only thing of any value was my son's playstation which is 2 years old,he also stated that ""Quote""If you have any designer handbags,I'll be taking them"".I explained to him I do not have a £1050.00 and the best I could do was make a payment plan as I am currently on jsa he refused any payment plan for 25 minutes but then agreed to me paying £25. 00 per week starting on Friday the 6th of May 2017.I agreed to this as I was frightened alone and feeling very intimated.Im 5ft 1in,he was at least 6ft hovering above me,even though I was in tears he was so cold and uncaring.He did not leave any documents with me,I signed nothing,the finicial agreement was verbal and he then sent me a text with a sort code and account number.I really don't know what to do as I really cannot afford to pay £25 and feel I will get deeper in debt.Can anyone please advise me.Thank you.

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#2 Re: Enforcement officer..

Post by Pote Snitkin » 02 May 2017 15:51

Did you have any knowledge of the debts before his visit? If you did, did you attend court at the time?
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

Schedule 12

#3 Re: Enforcement officer..

Post by Schedule 12 » 02 May 2017 17:13

That is a valid question. Did you know about the fine before the bailiff told you about it?

If you didn't then this applies, and you must act quickly. http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/Co ... iliffs.htm
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Carlacee

#4 Re: Enforcement officer..

Post by Carlacee » 02 May 2017 18:16

I have never attended court but was aware of the fine for school non attendance but thought it had been quashed as I have not received any correspondence in the last few years, I think I received a letter regarding a TV licence but have never had a TV licence officer in my house.I have had 7 moves in 7 years so some letters may have gone to old addresses.

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#5 Re: Enforcement officer..

Post by Pote Snitkin » 02 May 2017 19:07

Follow Jason's advice in post #3.
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

Schedule 12

#6 Re: Enforcement officer..

Post by Schedule 12 » 02 May 2017 19:27

You make a section 14 statutory declaration. You don't even know what the conviction was, let alone being fined.

It must be sworn in before a solicitor or free at any county court. Take photo ID with you. Then send it to court by RECORDED DELIVERY. If you do not use recorded delivery, then the notice will fail. The enforcement remains live. The law says you must use recorded delivery when giving the statutory declaration.

That quashes the conviction and the fine and puts the bailiff into bed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Carlacee

#7 Re: Enforcement officer..

Post by Carlacee » 02 May 2017 21:15

Ok thank you I will follow what you've said and hopefully be successful.