Unknown Person CCJ @ My Address

Apply to Stay the Writ. Set Aside the Judgment. Apply for more time to pay. Stop the Bailiff. Cancel the Fees.
domduv87

#1 Unknown Person CCJ @ My Address

Post by domduv87 » 21 May 2017 15:23

Hi all,

New to the forum

Hoping someone can help. BW Legal have issued a CCJ and are sending baliff letters to my grandparents and i's home address for an unknown person named David with our family name, their is nobody named David in our family

We have yet to communicate with BW Legal as we do not know what to do and are unsure what we need to provide to prove nobody does or has ever lived at our address with this name

We are worried sick as the letter states a County Court Bailiff will visit our home

Many thanks

Quick Reply
Thanks

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Unknown Person CCJ @ My Address

Post by Schedule 12 » 21 May 2017 15:51

You got nothing to worry about. Worst case scenario is a bailiff, but if your grandparents show some ID, the bailiff will jog on.

No need to communicate with the sender. Its not your problem.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

domduv87

#3 Re: Unknown Person CCJ @ My Address

Post by domduv87 » 21 May 2017 16:07

jasonDWB wrote:
21 May 2017 15:51
You got nothing to worry about. Worst case scenario is a bailiff, but if your grandparents show some ID, the bailiff will jog on.

No need to communicate with the sender. Its not your problem.
Hi many thanks for your reply JasonDWB I really appreciate it

The letter states the CC Bailiff is entitled to seize your possessions etc and as you can imagine we are really scared as with it being a County Court Bailiff they can just enter our home?

How can we prove this person doesn't live at our home? Do we not need to contact BW Legal? will showing ID if somebody does come to our home be enough? as my granddad watches a program on TV where Bailiffs just enter peoples houses and work places and take things even if its not the debtors possessions

Thanks

Amy
Admin

#4 Re: Unknown Person CCJ @ My Address

Post by Amy » 21 May 2017 16:13

You can only prove who does live at the property, not who does not.

If it were me, I would write to them telling them in no uncertain times that they need to check their facts before issuing such letters to old folk and I would make it crystal clear to them that should they set foot on the property, you will dial 999 immediately and report con artists on your doorstep attempting to fleece your grandparents.