Bristow and sutor broken controlled goods agreement

Apply to Stay the Writ. Set Aside the Judgment. Apply for more time to pay. Stop the Bailiff. Cancel the Fees.
JimUk1

#36 Re: Bristow and sutor broken controlled goods agreement

Post by JimUk1 » 07 Aug 2017 13:04

I think that it is best to. Hopefully, enforcement will be placed on hold via your complaint but if that notice hasn't been sent, you are safe in any case.

Why not text the bailiff asking:
"Please confirm the date that the Notice of intention to re-enter premises was sent to me"
He'll probably have kittens if one hasn't been sent and totally ignore you. :lol:

Alternatively, you can email their enquiries line and ask the question there.
Dodgeball: As the discerning viewer will realise , I was aware of the mistake in the reply when I posted it

:lol: Of course you were Dodgeball - It was purely coincidence that you only mentioned it after it had been pointed out to you on here.

Schedule 12

#37 Re: Bristow and sutor broken controlled goods agreement

Post by Schedule 12 » 07 Aug 2017 13:32

Do you have the money to pay the council tax itself?

That will end the controlled goods being bound. Provision 6(3)(a) of Schedule 12 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 (TCEA 2007)

The bailiff can argue the toss for his fees.

The amount outstanding only includes disbursements paid for selling controlled goods. The bailiff has not paid any. Provision 50(3) of Schedule 12 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 (TCEA 2007)
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

JimUk1

#38 Re: Bristow and sutor broken controlled goods agreement

Post by JimUk1 » 07 Aug 2017 14:15

Morgan

Just follow my advice and ignore the above post. Goode being bound has a completely different meaning to goods being controlled.

Furthermore, there is no evidence that the above advice has actually worked, in the 3 years that the regulations have been in force
Dodgeball: As the discerning viewer will realise , I was aware of the mistake in the reply when I posted it

:lol: Of course you were Dodgeball - It was purely coincidence that you only mentioned it after it had been pointed out to you on here.

Schedule 12

#39 Re: Bristow and sutor broken controlled goods agreement

Post by Schedule 12 » 07 Aug 2017 14:29

We don't need evidence whether the law "work's"

It says:
  • (1)For the purposes of any enforcement power the property in goods of the debtor ceases to be bound in accordance with this paragraph.

(2)The property in any goods ceases to be bound—

(a)when the goods are sold;

(b)in the case of money used to pay any of the amount outstanding, when it is used.

(3)The property in all goods ceases to be bound when any of these happens—

(a)the amount outstanding is paid, out of the proceeds of sale or otherwise;

(b)the instrument under which the power is exercisable ceases to have effect;

(c)the power ceases to be exercisable for any other reason.

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#40 Re: Bristow and sutor broken controlled goods agreement

Post by Pote Snitkin » 07 Aug 2017 14:42

Morgan's already paid £700 to the bailiff which they said crippled them.
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

JimUk1

#41 Re: Bristow and sutor broken controlled goods agreement

Post by JimUk1 » 07 Aug 2017 14:45

Jason

Do you not understand that this is referring to binding of goods in the debtors name , not controlled goods

It means that the debtor cannot sell the goods whilst the enforcement power is live.

It has nothing to do with a debtor being bound by a CGA

Now stop it. Leave it to us to sort and get back to your holiday

Morgan8080

#42 Re: Bristow and sutor broken controlled goods agreement

Post by Morgan8080 » 07 Aug 2017 15:23

They said that if I don't let him in then they will send me one of the intention to gain entry forms and I have 48 hours.

They said he is coming at some point today

Do I ring council to call of action ?

JimUk1

#43 Re: Bristow and sutor broken controlled goods agreement

Post by JimUk1 » 07 Aug 2017 15:32

Who said that? a girl on the telephone or via email?

JimUk1

#44 Re: Bristow and sutor broken controlled goods agreement

Post by JimUk1 » 07 Aug 2017 15:33

Don't ring the council - That would be the worst thing that you could do.

Ignore what the idiots elsewhere are saying

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#45 Re: Bristow and sutor broken controlled goods agreement

Post by Pote Snitkin » 07 Aug 2017 15:40

Morgan8080 wrote:
07 Aug 2017 15:23
They said that if I don't let him in then they will send me one of the intention to gain entry forms and I have 48 hours.
If they post it, they need to give 2 days clear notice from when it would be expected to be delivered. No point in sending one then turning up 2 days after posting it - it won't have even been delivered.

Get the complaint off to the council ASAP, like today.
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

JimUk1

#46 Re: Bristow and sutor broken controlled goods agreement

Post by JimUk1 » 07 Aug 2017 15:42

The whole idea of a formal complaint is ludicrous.
Why's that chimp? The OP is being pressured into making payments that he cannot afford. As you should know by now, this is in conflict with National Standards and is maladministration. The letter is identical to the one madame suggested, other than it is a complaint. Is the OP exposing herself to any danger by exercising her right to complain?

You are asking for a bailiff to be sanctioned for believing a debtors wife is acting with the knowledge of her husband.
Nobody is asking for him to be sanctioned. However, he made a mistake. Is the debtor supposed to just blithely accept this when the consequences are so great or should he have the right to challenge it?

You have never helped or assisted anyone in your sorry life chimp. Your opinion is worthless.

Schedule 12

#47 Re: Bristow and sutor broken controlled goods agreement

Post by Schedule 12 » 07 Aug 2017 15:46

JimUk1 wrote:
07 Aug 2017 14:45

Now stop it. Leave it to us to sort and get back to your holiday
Nothing wrong with some holiday reading eh?

I see Dodgeball is still hurling abuse from the CAG board at anyone that disgrees with him.

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#48 Re: Bristow and sutor broken controlled goods agreement

Post by Pote Snitkin » 07 Aug 2017 15:54

Schedule 12 wrote:
07 Aug 2017 15:46
I see Dodgeball is still hurling abuse from the CAG board at anyone that disgrees with him.
That's a hell of a lot of people.

Morgan8080

#49 Re: Bristow and sutor broken controlled goods agreement

Post by Morgan8080 » 07 Aug 2017 16:30

Spoke to council they hve put on hold for two weeks!! Great advise thank you

Bailiff was on his way too

JimUk1

#50 Re: Bristow and sutor broken controlled goods agreement

Post by JimUk1 » 07 Aug 2017 16:48

Great stuff

We can all breath a sigh of relief now.

Keep us all posted but hopefully, that I&E that you constructed will do the trick. I think the fact that you showed willing by making the payment of £100 will help your cause.

Good luck.

JimUk1

#51 Re: Bristow and sutor broken controlled goods agreement

Post by JimUk1 » 07 Aug 2017 17:06

The first is being addressed I believe, the second is indeed ludicrous.
If complaining about a bailiff breaching legislation is ludicrous, what do you think telling a debtor that she has committed a criminal offence by signing a CGA is? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Schedule 12

#52 Re: Bristow and sutor broken controlled goods agreement

Post by Schedule 12 » 07 Aug 2017 17:28

Pote Snitkin wrote:
07 Aug 2017 15:54
Schedule 12 wrote:
07 Aug 2017 15:46
That's a hell of a lot of people.

Madame bailiff advice thinks she has a right to police the bailiff advice industry.