DCBL Fees

Apply to Stay the Writ. Set Aside the Judgment. Apply for more time to pay. Stop the Bailiff. Cancel the Fees.
PeterG

#1 DCBL Fees

Post by PeterG » 08 Jun 2017 16:59

I have started a claim against DCBL for over charging of fees. The have replied and they intend to defend all the charges, is this normal. I am putting all the paperwork together but cannot find the part about VAT on fees can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Schedule 12

#2 Re: DCBL Fees

Post by Schedule 12 » 08 Jun 2017 17:19

It's a detailed assessment unless the enforcement was not compliant with any part of Schedule 12, then you can do a fee recovery in the small claims track.

VAT on fees only applies when the creditor is NOT vat registered, otherwise, the bailiff is being paid the VAT twice.

https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manual ... 0#IDAKNJQH
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

PeterG

#3 Re: DCBL Fees

Post by PeterG » 09 Jun 2017 10:44

Thank you for that, I have everything together. Will they attend to defend or will they send paperwork. I am very nervous as I have never taken any thing to court before.

I also found out that the amount I owed the creditor was less than the amount stated on the writ is this normal.

Schedule 12

#4 Re: DCBL Fees

Post by Schedule 12 » 09 Jun 2017 12:08

You can have a detailed assessment. I can either prepare the paperwork for you for a fixed fee and you present it at court, or I can put you in touch with a solicitor who will recover it through the courts for you.

They don't need to attend to defend a detailed assessment. There is nothing to defend. The hearing just decides whether the fees are allowed or not. If your fee dispute does not fall within the remit of CPR84, then you do a recovery in the small claims track.

Going DIY with an interpleader claim is not recommended. You can do a claim in the small claims track yourself.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

PeterG

#5 Re: DCBL Fees

Post by PeterG » 15 Jun 2017 18:29

Well I am hoping this all goes right, I have started a claim in the small claims court against DCBL, I have received an acknowledgement of service and they are defending the whole claim. Lets see how this goes wish me luck.

Cbear79

#6 Re: DCBL Fees

Post by Cbear79 » 13 Sep 2017 19:28

How did this go?? I'm no way planning the same as I would get lost in all the legalities and can't afford the representation since they took every penny we had, just wondering the outcome.