What does this letter from court mean? N244 form.

Apply to Stay the Writ. Set Aside the Judgment. Apply for more time to pay. Stop the Bailiff. Cancel the Fees.
Pennie_lane87

#1 What does this letter from court mean? N244 form.

Post by Pennie_lane87 » 17 Jun 2017 10:43

I applied to have the writ of control stayed and applied to the court to pay by installments regarding a southern Water bill.

The court is miles from where I live.

I got a letter today saying the judge had looked at my application and
It is ordered that
1. There be a stay of execution of the writ of control
2. The defendants application be transferred to (local court) for hearing.

Can anyone help
A. Is the stay of the writ of control no in affect? Or is it only in affect once the court hearing has happened?
B. Why has it been transfered? Is it because they expect me to attend?

Any advice I would love to hear.
I asked for the above to happen as I suffer from bipolar and have got into difficulty sorting out forms etc. I don't earn alot and my possession would not cover the £900.

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#2 Re: What does this letter from court mean? N244 form.

Post by Pote Snitkin » 17 Jun 2017 11:01

The writ is 'stayed' - it is suspended until a decision is made at the next hearing. No enforcement can take place at present.

It has been transferred to your local court for your convenience. It is recommended that you attend - if you are applying to pay by installments then you would need to take all info regarding your income and expenditure.

If you don't attend a default decision will be made in your absence which would likely not benefit you.

Pennie_lane87

#3 Re: What does this letter from court mean? N244 form.

Post by Pennie_lane87 » 17 Jun 2017 13:08

Thank you for replying to me!
Is it standard to have a hearing where you attend in court when applying to pay by installments?
Will they request what documentation I need to bring?
I can bring my payslip for proof of income and I have attached a form for my expenditure. Would they require anything else?
Given the fact I have Bipolar this is causing high levels of anxiety. So I want to be prepared for what to expect.

mitchell2002

#4 Re: What does this letter from court mean? N244 form.

Post by mitchell2002 » 17 Jun 2017 13:54

How long did it take before n244 was looked at and what Dee dos you pay

mitchell2002

#5 Re: What does this letter from court mean? N244 form.

Post by mitchell2002 » 17 Jun 2017 13:55

*fee did you pay

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#6 Re: What does this letter from court mean? N244 form.

Post by Pote Snitkin » 17 Jun 2017 14:01

Pennie_lane87 wrote:
17 Jun 2017 13:08
Thank you for replying to me!
Is it standard to have a hearing where you attend in court when applying to pay by installments?
Will they request what documentation I need to bring?
I can bring my payslip for proof of income and I have attached a form for my expenditure. Would they require anything else?
Given the fact I have Bipolar this is causing high levels of anxiety. So I want to be prepared for what to expect.
Take bank statements that show income and outgoings, plus copies of any bills - council tax, water, etc. As a CCJ is not a priority debt you can also include any contracts you are tied into, ie mobile phones, TV, etc. Put everything down, food, petrol, clothing, pet costs, haircut, taxes, insurances - just remember to leave a little for the creditor (if possible) :mrgreen: .

Pennie_lane87

#7 Re: What does this letter from court mean? N244 form.

Post by Pennie_lane87 » 17 Jun 2017 15:43

Thank you for your help.
I will also ask the court what proof they want me to bring along so I don't forget anything. Does the hearing take a long time?

Pennie_lane87

#8 Re: What does this letter from court mean? N244 form.

Post by Pennie_lane87 » 17 Jun 2017 15:44

The fee was £50

leebob1974

#9 Re: What does this letter from court mean? N244 form.

Post by leebob1974 » 20 Jun 2017 14:37

In a similar situation myself. I applied for an ex160 to cover cost of n244. Simple form which you can google and download. Don't quote me, but I believe you can also use it to reclaim the £50 fee.

Schedule 12

#10 Re: What does this letter from court mean? N244 form.

Post by Schedule 12 » 20 Jun 2017 21:30

Pennie_lane87 wrote:
17 Jun 2017 10:43
I applied to have the writ of control stayed and applied to the court to pay by installments regarding a southern Water bill.

The court is miles from where I live.

I got a letter today saying the judge had looked at my application and
It is ordered that
1. There be a stay of execution of the writ of control
2. The defendants application be transferred to (local court) for hearing.
The writ has been stopped. The fees are put to bed, the bailiff is out of the loop.

Job done. You can open your doors.

Can anyone help
A. Is the stay of the writ of control no in affect? Or is it only in affect once the court hearing has happened?
The writ is dead. The transfer up to High Court is cancelled, and the claim is transferred back down to the county court. The creditor loses their transfer up fee. The bailiff company loses its execution fee. Total is (currently) £117.75.

B. Why has it been transfered? Is it because they expect me to attend?
Rules of court says where the defendant is a person, the hearing is at their home court.

Any advice I would love to hear.
I asked for the above to happen as I suffer from bipolar and have got into difficulty sorting out forms etc. I don't earn alot and my possession would not cover the £900.

Complete and take to the hearing a form EX245 income and expenditure.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk