HCEO weir of control so stressed please help

Apply to Stay the Writ. Set Aside the Judgment. Apply for more time to pay. Stop the Bailiff. Cancel the Fees.
emma1986

#1 HCEO weir of control so stressed please help

Post by emma1986 » 30 Aug 2017 19:30

Hello there
I'm hoping someone can help me out
I'm so depressed recently and I'm scouring the internet trying to find information and it's all confusing.

I'm currently going through a debt relief order with the charity stepchange.

I stupidly owe an electricity company money which in turn ended up in a ccj being issued.

I had a visit from high court enforcement group whilst I was out and my neighbours informed me they were taking photos of the car on my drive.

This car was loaned to me by my father in law as my previous car had broken down and as I have a disabled son and live 20 miles away from his hospital it's vital to his care.
The logbook is in my name for insurance purposes of course for the insurance.

Stepchange advised me to fill out and send a n245 form which I have done but they have written back to saying the following

"Thank you for your n245 application.
Unfortunately a high court writ has been issued against you and this form is used to apply to suspend a county. Court warrant of control.
To apply for a stay of execution you must fill in and application form n244

What's the difference between a high court writ and a county court warrant of control?

I'm trying to hold all this off until the debt relief order is in place

They haven't entered my home yet
I won't let them in

I'm not sure on my rights and their rights
But they're pretty brutal and I'm terrified to even be at home with my young children and scared they will tow away or clamp the car.

Can anyone offer any help please

emma1986

#2 Re: HCEO writ of control so stressed please help

Post by emma1986 » 30 Aug 2017 19:32

Any info will be amazing

Schedule 12

#3 Re: HCEO weir of control so stressed please help

Post by Schedule 12 » 30 Aug 2017 20:24

emma1986 wrote:
30 Aug 2017 19:30
Hello there
I'm hoping someone can help me out
I'm so depressed recently and I'm scouring the internet trying to find information and it's all confusing.

I'm currently going through a debt relief order with the charity stepchange.

I stupidly owe an electricity company money which in turn ended up in a ccj being issued.

I had a visit from high court enforcement group whilst I was out and my neighbours informed me they were taking photos of the car on my drive.

This car was loaned to me by my father in law as my previous car had broken down and as I have a disabled son and live 20 miles away from his hospital it's vital to his care.
If you have a disabled badge. place it inside the car so it can be seen from outside. That prevents the bailiff taking control of the car.

The logbook is in my name for insurance purposes of course for the insurance.
Not good. The bailiff can assume the car is yours and the owner will probably not be successful in an interpleader claim.

Stepchange advised me to fill out and send a n245 form which I have done but they have written back to saying the following

"Thank you for your n245 application.
Unfortunately a high court writ has been issued against you and this form is used to apply to suspend a county. Court warrant of control.
To apply for a stay of execution you must fill in and application form n244
That is correct, you need an N244 to go with the N245. If you are on a low income, complete a form EX160 aswell. Otherwise the fee is an eye-watering £255.

What's the difference between a high court writ and a county court warrant of control?
The enforcement power is identical. The difference are the fees the bailiff can charge for the same work.

I'm trying to hold all this off until the debt relief order is in place

They haven't entered my home yet
I won't let them in

I'm not sure on my rights and their rights
But they're pretty brutal and I'm terrified to even be at home with my young children and scared they will tow away or clamp the car.
Until your N244/N245/EX160 have been processed, the enforcement power is still live.

Heres some steps you can take to protect yourself.

http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/Ex ... liffs.html

Can anyone offer any help please
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

emma1986

#4 Re: HCEO weir of control so stressed please help

Post by emma1986 » 30 Aug 2017 22:24

Thank you so much for replying its given me a few things to work on