County court business centre

Apply to Stay the Writ. Set Aside the Judgment. Apply for more time to pay. Stop the Bailiff. Cancel the Fees.
Chriskelly

County court business centre

Post by Chriskelly » 14 Sep 2017 08:12

Hi,
I received a, ' notice of issue of warrant of control' , from Guildford county court business centre for £683.47 to be settled by the 15th of September. Before I contact them later today or tomorrow and enter in to any agreement, I was hoping for a little advice. Basically is it usually accepted to pay over something like 4 months. I was going to offer about £170 a month, but don't want Baikiffs knocking in the meantime and applying enforcement costs to the amount. Also I think it is the court bailiff rather than a separate firm hungry to make money.
Any help would be appreciated,
Regards,
Chris Kelly.

Schedule 12

Re: County court business centre

Post by Schedule 12 » 14 Sep 2017 13:13

You have to apply to the court to stay the execution of the warrant of control and vary the judgment to be paid at £170 a month. You dont have to give notice to the creditor before making the application.

Complete a form N244 and a means enquiry form N245. If you are on a low income then complete a form EX160 to claim court fees.

Here is how its done: http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/St ... r-HCEO.htm
I am a paralegal working for solicitors bringing proceedings against bailiffs for non-compliant enforcement action.

Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Phone consultation with me

Enforcement compliance Checklist

Chriskelly

Post by Chriskelly » 15 Sep 2017 00:22

Thanks for the reply, on the N244 form, do I need to apply to ' stay the education of the warrant of control and vary the judgement to be paid', or just, ' vary the judgement to be paid'?
Also what do I put in the, ' Statement of truth' section???
Sorry this is all new to me.
Cheers

Schedule 12

Post by Schedule 12 » 15 Sep 2017 10:30

Your N244, stay the execution of the warrant of control and vary the judgment.

You sign and date the statement of truth. Make a brief witness statement (tick first box) saying why you want to apply to vary and how much you can pay etc. Complete a form N245 income and expenditure. You only need one copy. You need three copies of the N244 and witness statement, your copy, the defendant copy and the court copy.
I am a paralegal working for solicitors bringing proceedings against bailiffs for non-compliant enforcement action.

Chriskelly

Post by Chriskelly » 16 Sep 2017 05:38

Ok thanks for the advice. One more thing, I plan to be at the court first thing on Monday morning when open, the date was up on the warrant of control on the 15th September ( Friday), is it common practise for a bailiff to attend my property over the weekend to throw it in to the system as an enforcement just so they can add costs?
Chris

Schedule 12

Post by Schedule 12 » 16 Sep 2017 10:21

No. The Bailiff must give notice 7 business days.