County court business centre

Apply to Stay the Writ. Set Aside the Judgment. Apply for more time to pay. Stop the Bailiff. Cancel the Fees.
Chriskelly

#1 County court business centre

Post by Chriskelly » 14 Sep 2017 08:12

Hi,
I received a, ' notice of issue of warrant of control' , from Guildford county court business centre for £683.47 to be settled by the 15th of September. Before I contact them later today or tomorrow and enter in to any agreement, I was hoping for a little advice. Basically is it usually accepted to pay over something like 4 months. I was going to offer about £170 a month, but don't want Baikiffs knocking in the meantime and applying enforcement costs to the amount. Also I think it is the court bailiff rather than a separate firm hungry to make money.
Any help would be appreciated,
Regards,
Chris Kelly.

Schedule 12

#2 Re: County court business centre

Post by Schedule 12 » 14 Sep 2017 13:13

You have to apply to the court to stay the execution of the warrant of control and vary the judgment to be paid at £170 a month. You dont have to give notice to the creditor before making the application.

Complete a form N244 and a means enquiry form N245. If you are on a low income then complete a form EX160 to claim court fees.

Here is how its done: http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/St ... r-HCEO.htm
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Chriskelly

#3 Re: County court business centre

Post by Chriskelly » 15 Sep 2017 00:22

Thanks for the reply, on the N244 form, do I need to apply to ' stay the education of the warrant of control and vary the judgement to be paid', or just, ' vary the judgement to be paid'?
Also what do I put in the, ' Statement of truth' section???
Sorry this is all new to me.
Cheers

Schedule 12

#4 Re: County court business centre

Post by Schedule 12 » 15 Sep 2017 10:30

Your N244, stay the execution of the warrant of control and vary the judgment.

You sign and date the statement of truth. Make a brief witness statement (tick first box) saying why you want to apply to vary and how much you can pay etc. Complete a form N245 income and expenditure. You only need one copy. You need three copies of the N244 and witness statement, your copy, the defendant copy and the court copy.

Chriskelly

#5 Re: County court business centre

Post by Chriskelly » 16 Sep 2017 05:38

Ok thanks for the advice. One more thing, I plan to be at the court first thing on Monday morning when open, the date was up on the warrant of control on the 15th September ( Friday), is it common practise for a bailiff to attend my property over the weekend to throw it in to the system as an enforcement just so they can add costs?
Chris

Schedule 12

#6 Re: County court business centre

Post by Schedule 12 » 16 Sep 2017 10:21

No. The Bailiff must give notice 7 business days.