Writ with wrong address??

Apply to Stay the Writ. Set Aside the Judgment. Apply for more time to pay. Stop the Bailiff. Cancel the Fees.
Cbear79

#1 Writ with wrong address??

Post by Cbear79 » 16 Oct 2017 18:51

Can a writ be enforced at a wrong address. The writ enforced on us had the wrong address on, didn't realise it at the time as we were totally shocked at the situation being that the first time we knew anything about the issue was when they demanded and we handed over the money as we were terrified. Which I now know they were meant to give us notice of this which they never!!!! We have cctv of them outside our house, then driving off never came near house with the writ as they said... so corrupt as that bumped there fees up by over £1000... crazy

Anyway, were they allowed to enforce it with wrong address or were they suppose to go back and get a new writ with real address on??

Many thanks

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Writ with wrong address??

Post by Schedule 12 » 17 Oct 2017 10:36

The law says the writ may only be enforced where the debtor usually lives or carries on a business.

If the address on the writ is wrong, then enforcement would fail because its evidence the bailiff has not given notice. Giving notice is a statutory requirement before a bailiff attends to take control of goods - a first enforcement stage.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Cbear79

#3 Re: Writ with wrong address??

Post by Cbear79 » 17 Oct 2017 11:09

Thanks for reply.

I wish I had this knowledge back then. Is there anything I can do about that? we had zero notice, it was a disgrace the way we were treated and scaremongered. Handed over £5000 and no warning, how is a normal person meant to know their rights in that hour they give u, threats to put lean on house and take our cars, that's why we handed it over, terrified, it's just awful.

Schedule 12

#4 Re: Writ with wrong address??

Post by Schedule 12 » 17 Oct 2017 12:35

You have plenty of redress. But you would have to do it through the courts.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Cbear79

#5 Re: Writ with wrong address??

Post by Cbear79 » 17 Oct 2017 12:40

Yeah I intend to address the entirety when I go to court.