Forced entry foot at the door Marston

Apply to Stay the Writ. Set Aside the Judgment. Apply for more time to pay. Stop the Bailiff. Cancel the Fees.
lyndaT

#1 Forced entry foot at the door Marston

Post by lyndaT » 29 Oct 2017 10:53

I Debt recovery services Marston

The issue that I have experienced was: On Wednesday 25th October at approximately 9.00am, I received a visit from two Marston High Enforcement officers in respect of an ex tenant .At the time only myself and my daughter were in the house in our nightwear. I informed the officers that I was the house owner and that my previous tenant did not live at my home and had ceased tenancy several months ago. In addition I did not have a forwarding address. I then contacted the police on 101 number stating that the officer had his foot at my door and also Marston office for assistance. I offered to provide written evidence via council tax and utility bills in addition to speaking to the Tennant via phone .. The officers refused to accept any of this as evidence but insisted that they wanted to come into my home and see the bedrooms. When I attempted to close the door one of the officers placed his foot at my door. I explained that my house was a mess and therefore did not want any strangers in my home. The officers pushed past myself and my daughter,forced there way into my home and looked into my three bedrooms confirming my initial comment stating that that the named person did not live at my home and subsequently left.

Has any one any advice re whether this is a criminal offence to force entry into my home . I have a picture of the officer at my door preventing me from closing the door and he was also wearing a body camera. Furthermore the advice received by the police was incorrect stating that the officers had the right to enter my home if they had come to my assistance myself and my daughter would not have been intimated by two burly men pushing past us to gain entry . I have sent a formal complaint to Marston and I am awaiting a response.

We are still very shook up by the incident which has caused us both emotional distress . I would like to take the matter to the highest field to ensure that no other vulnerable women have to go through this experience. Are there any other bodies that I can complain to?

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Forced entry foot at the door Marston

Post by Schedule 12 » 29 Oct 2017 12:00

lyndaT wrote:
29 Oct 2017 10:53
The officers pushed past myself and my daughter,forced there way into my home and looked into my three bedrooms confirming my initial comment stating that that the named person did not live at my home and subsequently left.
Check your jewellery box.

There has been a recent episode of bailiffs executing writs forcing entry in this way to gain access to the master bedroom of middle-class homes and target the jewellery box.

Police are not cooperative, they institutionally believe that bailiff crime is a civil matter. They say its difficult to prove the stolen jewellery actually existed. It is called Nelsonian Knowledge. You must notify your insurer, they can investigate and trace diamonds and gold. They can even summon police officers if they do not cooperate with the investigation. The bailiff's modus operandi is to rifle the underwear drawer and toss the contents over the bedroom floor. Targetting jewellery, especially diamond, is unique to bailiffs executing writs of control on middle-class homes.

Has any one any advice re whether this is a criminal offence to force entry into my home .

If anything was taken then it's an offence under section 8 of the Theft Act 1968 because he used his boot to apply force against you using the door and put you in fear of your safety. I think its easier to get a conviction if the charge sheet lists the offence under section 1 of the Act. Otherwise, under civil law, its a breach of Paragraph 24(2) of Schedule 12 of the Tribunals Courts and Enforcement Act 2007

I have a picture of the officer at my door preventing me from closing the door and he was also wearing a body camera.
If a bailiff recorded himself, then will have switched off his bodycam when he went upstairs. It makes a distinctive loud beep sound (strong square wave) when the camera is turned on or off. You would have heard it. That is a sure sign the bailiff intended to target your jewellery.

Furthermore the advice received by the police was incorrect stating that the officers had the right to enter my home if they had come to my assistance myself and my daughter would not have been intimated by two burly men pushing past us to gain entry . I have sent a formal complaint to Marston and I am awaiting a response.
Do not complain to a bailiff company. Asking a company to investigate itself is pointless. Bring your cause of action. Courts generally award 500 then 50 a minute thereafter the bailiff are inside your property plus the replacement cost of anything taken.

We are still very shook up by the incident which has caused us both emotional distress . I would like to take the matter to the highest field to ensure that no other vulnerable women have to go through this experience. Are there any other bodies that I can complain to?
I am in the process of working with a TV production making a series on corruption, if you would like to make a silhouetted interview and your case re-enacted by actors, then contact me. This option must only be considered if you are not bringing legal proceedings.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Edd

#3 Re: Forced entry foot at the door Marston

Post by Edd » 29 Oct 2017 13:30

So, let's get this straight - the EAs expect you to co operate then on the same token, effectively ignore evidence backing up your story?

Whatever their cause, or allegations, they had zero rights to wedge their foot in any door. This is clearly an attempt or method commonly used to try and escalate even possibly inflame an already delicate situation. Then they'll scream..assault! Assault!

This behaviour does not belong in a so called civilised country...to think they're using such tactics makes it all the more concerning. Tell your MP. Approach local media. And as advised above, report it and if need be take action. All this hassle so they the EAs can get their commission? Targets? Pressure from team leaders to get a result?

Totally unnecessary and frankly disgraceful.