Equita Enforcment officer - Northumbrian Water

Apply to Stay the Writ. Set Aside the Judgment. Apply for more time to pay. Stop the Bailiff. Cancel the Fees.
Janewest06

#1 Equita Enforcment officer - Northumbrian Water

Post by Janewest06 » 08 Feb 2018 11:39

Hi
Sorry this is a lengthy post :roll:
Advise needed urgently.
Yesterday I had a visit from an enforcement officer from a company called equita. They came saying that they had a high court writ. This was in my maiden name (been married 10 years).
They said I had 10-15mins to pay £2180 0r they would make a phone call and a van would come and seize goods.
After repeatedly telling them I didn’t have that kind of money and offering to put a payment plan in place, they said that was not an option I either pay within the 15 mins or they will make the phone all and there would be an extra £1000 added to the balance. When I asked to see the court writ papers he said it’s all done electronically and I don’t have to receive papers from the court!?
They went and sat in the car to give me time make some phonecalls to raise the money. There’s no way I could. I went back out the car and said that it wasn’t possible and I would have to let them take goods from my home. At that point they said they would come in and start listing stuff. I refused them entry and they said they were coming in regardless of whether I let them or they had to get a locksmith. I told them to do so, ran into house and locked the door. They tried door handles and then went round the back and tried back doors.
I just hid and cried!!! They eventually gave up and left. I waited anxiously all day for the van to show but nothing!
I done a search on a website called Regisrty Trust Limited and there Writ registered for me.

I honestly don’t know what to do next, I am trying to find any information of the writ as this is the first I have heard.
These are the questions I was hoping you could shed some light on
1. Should a high court writ not be issued from the courts rather than equita?
2. Can they force entry or use a locksmith?
3. Would the writ be on a register?
4. Could they be lying about a high court writ as a scare tactic?
So sorry for long winded post, I feel pretty desperate right now!!

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Equita Enforcment officer - Northumbrian Water

Post by Schedule 12 » 08 Feb 2018 11:54

Janewest06 wrote:
08 Feb 2018 11:39
Hi
Sorry this is a lengthy post :roll:
Advise needed urgently.
Yesterday I had a visit from an enforcement officer from a company called equita. They came saying that they had a high court writ. This was in my maiden name (been married 10 years).
They said I had 10-15mins to pay £2180 0r they would make a phone call and a van would come and seize goods.
After repeatedly telling them I didn’t have that kind of money and offering to put a payment plan in place, they said that was not an option I either pay within the 15 mins or they will make the phone all and there would be an extra £1000 added to the balance. When I asked to see the court writ papers he said it’s all done electronically and I don’t have to receive papers from the court!?
The bailiff is required by law to show evidence of his identity and authority to enter premises the warrant). If he fails, then everything that follows fails and you can sue for damages, and all the fees charged. Paragraph 26 of Schedule 12 of the Tribunals Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 states:

• 26(1)The enforcement agent must on request show the debtor and any person who appears to him to be in charge of the premises evidence of—
    • (a)his identity, and

(b)his authority to enter the premises.

(2)The request may be made before the enforcement agent enters the premises or while he is there.

They went and sat in the car to give me time make some phonecalls to raise the money. There’s no way I could. I went back out the car and said that it wasn’t possible and I would have to let them take goods from my home. At that point they said they would come in and start listing stuff. I refused them entry and they said they were coming in regardless of whether I let them or they had to get a locksmith. I told them to do so, ran into house and locked the door. They tried door handles and then went round the back and tried back doors.
I just hid and cried!!! They eventually gave up and left. I waited anxiously all day for the van to show but nothing!
I done a search on a website called Regisrty Trust Limited and there Writ registered for me.
I find it is not the most reliable way of seeing whether a judgment is owing. Many judgments do not show on there.

I honestly don’t know what to do next, I am trying to find any information of the writ as this is the first I have heard.
These are the questions I was hoping you could shed some light on
1. Should a high court writ not be issued from the courts rather than equita?

Equita don't normally execute writs. Their game is usually council tax and parking ticket collection.

2. Can they force entry or use a locksmith?
In a word. NO!

3. Would the writ be on a register?
The judgment should be, but lately not always the case. I've had clients with writs, which I have personally seen, and there is no sign of the judgment on Registry Online.

4. Could they be lying about a high court writ as a scare tactic?
If you have no record of any court proceedings, it could well be a common criminal pretending to be bailiffs.

So sorry for long winded post, I feel pretty desperate right now!!
Ask the bailiff for a county court CLAIM NUMBER. If he doesn't give you one, then its almost certainly a hoax. You should report it to police giving a description of the suspect, and their vehicle.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Janewest06

#3 Re: Equita Enforcment officer - Northumbrian Water

Post by Janewest06 » 08 Feb 2018 13:14

I have contacted Northumbrian water direct. The debt has been passed to equita who Northumbrian water said do have a high court writ but neither themselves or equita can give me a copy of the writ? NW did provide me with a CCJ claim number which was issued 2014.
I don’t know where to go from here. They won’t let me pay in installments and I don’t have the money to pay in full.
Do I just give in and let seize goods?

Schedule 12

#4 Re: Equita Enforcment officer - Northumbrian Water

Post by Schedule 12 » 08 Feb 2018 14:25

Put a stop on the writ and apply for a variation. Here is how: http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/St ... r-HCEO.htm

Stop calling NW and the bailiff company.

I
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk