Who is this?

We might be able to work it out.
LemonSherbert

#36 Re: Who is this?

Post by LemonSherbert » 04 Dec 2016 05:42

Amy many thanks for your suggestion.

I have a most likely a silly Q, but how do I post pictures please?

Amy
Admin

#37 Re: Who is this?

Post by Amy » 04 Dec 2016 09:12

Go to Full Editor at the bottom and click on attachments. Upload from there.

Michelle

#38 Re: Who is this?

Post by Michelle » 04 Dec 2016 10:52

Amy wrote:Can you write to the creditors (not the debt collectors) with proof of who you are and where you live and ask that they stop bothering you because you are not this person?
In many cases, those who appear to be debt collectors are actually the creditors, most people refer to companies like Cabot, PRA Group or First Credit as "DCAs", but they are debt purchasers who have bought the accounts from the original creditor, who would no longer have anything to do with the account.
Listen very carefully, I shall post this only once:
Anything posted by me is from my own knowledge and experience, it is not legal advice or the official views of this forum.

Knowledge is Power.

LemonSherbert

#39 Re: Who is this?

Post by LemonSherbert » 05 Dec 2016 14:03

Thanks indeed again Amy.

I'll be having a try at this in the very near future!

Michelle so this means there's no point in contacting all these loan companies etc to do as Amy suggested to do?

Michelle

#40 Re: Who is this?

Post by Michelle » 05 Dec 2016 17:52

LemonSherbert wrote:Thanks indeed again Amy.

I'll be having a try at this in the very near future!

Michelle so this means there's no point in contacting all these loan companies etc to do as Amy suggested to do?
I didn't say there was no point in contacting them, Amy was right to say they should be informed, what I meant to say is that, in many cases, the creditor will be the company that's commonly referred to as a DCA as opposed to the original lender, so it's them who should be informed.
Listen very carefully, I shall post this only once:
Anything posted by me is from my own knowledge and experience, it is not legal advice or the official views of this forum.

Knowledge is Power.

LemonSherbert

#41 Re: Who is this?

Post by LemonSherbert » 06 Feb 2017 03:38

And so the saga continues onwards...

I've had 2 bailiffs attend since the New Year. One I've no idea what it was about as the Bailiff just asked for Mr So & So & then left after I told him about what's gone on so far.

As for the 2nd he was more tenacious & wanted to know more. I showed him a pile of debt letters & Bailiff letters (which is quite a size now). After doing this, the Bailiff was more open with me. He explained to me that he had tracked Mr So & So to my address via the DVLA database (he actually showed me so on his phone).

I asked him if that's the reason why I've had so many Bailiffs at my address for Mr So & So, yes he said as they know the exact car he's driving & it's registered still at my address.

He advised me that I could contact the DVLA to let them know he isn't at my address, but whether or not the DVLA would do anything about it is another thing. *As due to data protection & my not knowing this person or where he is, then there's very very little the DVLA can do.

I did also ask this more friendlier Bailiff what exactly was he here for after I showed him the pile of letters. His visit was for the 2 X £2.50 Dart tolls that now totalled over £700+. (I don't know if that for each or combined).

Lastly I asked him if it would make any difference in my contacting all the different debt collectors/bailiffs to let them know that Mr So & So doesn't live at my address. He answered "not really" as part of tracing & tracking down someone they use various ways & means. One being the DVLA, which shows his car registered still at my address, which brings me back around to his previous response above re the DVLA.*

*As all I am is a voice on a phone, no connection to Mr So & So, data protection, can't provide any onwards info & that people also do call up & lie on others behalfs.

So I now understand at least why there's been quite a few bailiffs at my address. I also know that I'm utterly powerless to stop them. All I can do is what I'm already doing.

I do hope this info helps anyone else in my situation.

Schedule 12

#42 Re: Who is this?

Post by Schedule 12 » 06 Feb 2017 10:28

You can apply for an injunction on Highways England from continuing using your address in connection with the named debtor.

Here is how to apply for an injunction. http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/Ba ... tions.html
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Amy
Admin

#43 Re: Who is this?

Post by Amy » 06 Feb 2017 22:25

LemonSherbert wrote:
06 Feb 2017 03:38
*As all I am is a voice on a phone, no connection to Mr So & So, data protection, can't provide any onwards info & that people also do call up & lie on others behalfs.

So I now understand at least why there's been quite a few bailiffs at my address. I also know that I'm utterly powerless to stop them. All I can do is what I'm already doing.

I do hope this info helps anyone else in my situation.
Then do it the old fashioned way and put pen to paper. Provide proof of who you are and say that you require them to remove your address from being linked to this other person and tell them what's been going on.

Give them a time limit, tell them they need to apologise and inform you when it's done or you will begin a claim for compensation for the stress you have been caused.