Collect services - warrant of control unpaid penalty charge

We might be able to work it out.
lilg132

#1 Collect services - warrant of control unpaid penalty charge

Post by lilg132 » 22 Jun 2015 17:08

Hi,

I had a visit from the bailiffs, from collect services, they clamped my brothers vehicle, which had recently been purchased by my partner, which i still have new keepers details slip from the v5 but is not updated by DVLA yet. The bailiff explained there was a warrant issued on the 20th of june, and anything after that date you are still liable for the amount outstanding, they threatened to remove the car if I did not pay, I then was forced to pay by my card. I have also requested a breakdown of payment as the fine was for 700 but the total amount is over £2000. The bailiff has now started ignoring my calls, after asking me to call him back several times. The breakdown so far I have, is 688 debt, 300 compliance stage fee, 940 enforcement stage fee, 110 (expenses) sale or disposal stage, total 2038. These fines are due to 4 x parking tickets. Please could you help with any advice on this matter.

Thank you for all your time and help on this.

Hithard

#2 Re: Collect services - warrant of control unpaid penalty cha

Post by Hithard » 22 Jun 2015 17:13

Who owed the money for the PCN's you, your partner or your brother?

Also run the online PCN enforcement & administration compliance check, it may well find other irregularities you can use to revoke enforcement action or even revoke the original PCN itself. http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/pcnlegal.html
It will give you a detailed resolution advisory report on you particular case. Let us know what it says and further help can be given.
Descendite ne illegitimi

lilg132

#3 Re: Collect services - warrant of control unpaid penalty cha

Post by lilg132 » 22 Jun 2015 17:21

The PCN is in my brothers name.

The car is now owned by my partner, and I am waiting for the new v5 to come through the post.

lilg132

#4 Re: Collect services - warrant of control unpaid penalty cha

Post by lilg132 » 22 Jun 2015 17:27

I have not received an nto as the pcn is in my brothers name

All the rest is fine on the assessment page.

Thanks

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#5 Re: Collect services - warrant of control unpaid penalty cha

Post by Pote Snitkin » 22 Jun 2015 17:40

The fees have been overcharged by £815. If there are 4 PCN's there would be 4x compliance stage fees @ £75, 1x enforcement stage fee @ £235.

You've been charged 4x enforcement stage fees, and the £110 sale fee has been unlawfully added.

In any case, this was not your debt so you nee to claim it all back. If you paid by card, as your bank for a chargeback form, but don't mention bailiffs.

Do you have the name of the bailiff company and the bailiff?

lilg132

#6 Re: Collect services - warrant of control unpaid penalty cha

Post by lilg132 » 22 Jun 2015 19:22

I do yes and I have checked and he is a certified bailiff. He is also ignoring my calls when asking for a full breakdown. What reason do I give for a chargeback as I am worried it might be refused.

Thank you so much for your help.

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#7 Re: Collect services - warrant of control unpaid penalty cha

Post by Pote Snitkin » 22 Jun 2015 19:44

Payment under duress and fraudulent charges. What was the bailiff's name?

lilg132

#8 Re: Collect services - warrant of control unpaid penalty cha

Post by lilg132 » 22 Jun 2015 20:51

Thank you I wi give that a go and keep you updated.

His name is Warren farrer from collect services.

lilg132

#9 Re: Collect services - warrant of control unpaid penalty cha

Post by lilg132 » 22 Jun 2015 21:28

Should I sent a copy of receipts and documents with the chargeback. I have a receipt and so called warrent, all written in my brothers first name only(no surname) and address.

Thanks.

Hithard

#10 Re: Collect services - warrant of control unpaid penalty cha

Post by Hithard » 23 Jun 2015 08:25

You should contact your bank and request the chargeback forms. See here for more information.
http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/ba ... geback.htm
Probably not advisable to mention bailiffs at this stage as banks can be obstructive for some reason though it's none of their business, this is for the card issuer (Visa, Barclaycard etc) to decide and that can be done on the forms.

Your brother will still be liable for the PCN's, but it is for him to sort out himself. Four parking tickets unpaid seems a lot, was he not getting a notice to owner from the ticket issuer. He should have a read of the PePiPoo forum for advice on challenging the tickets if he feels they were issued non-compliantly http://forums.pepipoo.com/

Did your partner buy the car before bailiffs became involved? Does she have proof of date of change of ownership.
Descendite ne illegitimi

lilg132

#11 Re: Collect services - warrant of control unpaid penalty cha

Post by lilg132 » 23 Jun 2015 11:09

My partner owns the car as of 21 june, and I have the new keeper supplement to prove it, as we are still waiting for the new v5.

PLEASE BE AWARE: WARREN FERRAR FROM COLLECT SERVICES HAS ATTENDED MY ADDRESS THIS MORNING TO THREATEN ME FOR POSTING ON THIS FORUM. HE READS THIS FORUM AND CAME TO SPEAK TO ME ABOUT IT AT MY ADDRESS. I HAVE INFORMED HIM THIS IS HARASSMENT AND WILL BE INFORMING THE POLICE. HE STATED HE DOES NOT CARE.

Andy

#12 Re: Collect services - warrant of control unpaid penalty cha

Post by Andy » 23 Jun 2015 11:33

What was the threat?
2nd Year University Law Student.

Hithard

#13 Re: Collect services - warrant of control unpaid penalty cha

Post by Hithard » 23 Jun 2015 11:41

If he is coming to your home and intimidating you then make a EAC2 complaint
http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/Ba ... plaint.htm

If he comes back start recording on your mobile phone and if possible have somebody witness his behaviour so that he can be reported.
Did you notice whether he was wearing a bodycam at all?
Descendite ne illegitimi

Schedule 12

#14 Re: Collect services - warrant of control unpaid penalty cha

Post by Schedule 12 » 23 Jun 2015 11:44

if you have a document from a bailiff charging multiple £235 enforcement stage fees for simultaneous enforcement, can you email it to me in confidence to Jason at dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk