The 0645 Kamakazee Attack Is This Intimidating Man True?

We might be able to work it out.
VVIC

#1 The 0645 Kamakazee Attack Is This Intimidating Man True?

Post by VVIC » 29 Oct 2015 08:34

Good morning!

I'm on disability and have relied on others to drive my car for me for my needs. Obviously, I can't deny that I'm surely responsible for any parking tickets they've received. However, I was shocked to have had a man banging on the door this morning. I've never had something like this happen before. And, I'm wholly ignorant about these things.

He said he was a Bailiff and I owed £422 for a parking ticket received in May. He handed me a letter that says "Notice of Enforcement" and it says it was issued on the 12th of this month.

It's for East Sussex County Council in Eastbourne. And it indicates there's a debt of £112.00, plus a 'compliance fee' of £75.00, making a total of £187.00

It says under 'Enforcement Details' "Details of the court "judgment" (the word 'Judgement' is misspelled!) or Order of Enforcement Power By Virtue By Of Which The Debit is Enforceable."

Then says: A warrant has been issued by Northampton County Court
Penalty Charge
Bolton Road (A)
26/05/2015
and then it has my car registration number.

I let the man in, not having any idea what it was about. He was quite aggressive and intimidating. He said he wanted £422 then and there or he'd be taking the contents of the house. I told him I was on disability and was ill. He couldn't miss the stack of 9 boxes of medications on my table. But he said it didn't matter and he was calling someone to come collect the contents of the house. I replied that was fine and pointed out that as I probably wouldn't live another six months, it would probably be a blessing to my family. He then asked about an old laptop on a table. He said he'd take that and asked if I wanted the hard disk from it. I said it seldom worked and if it would help, he could take it. The man unplugged it and set it on the floor. (I didn't mind as it really IS old!). Then he got on his mobile and phoned someone, telling them to bring a van to collect everything. He added "bring a three man crew."
I told him I needed to sit down as I was dizzy. (I have a fresh Fentanyl patch and they tend to kick rather hard for the first 12 hours or so).
He then told me to phone my son, who's in the states. I pointed out that it was 3am there. The man said I had to call to prevent him taking everything. I tried and left a message. He then told me to call back a second time. I was quite intimidated, so did so again and left another message. He then asked what my mobile number was and I gave it to him and he wanted my home number, which he tested. (I gather he must have thought I was lying to him).
He then mumbled something about me looking 'vulnerable' and left. But as he left he said he'd be taking the car. But he didn't.

Besides the shock and awe of all of this so early in the morning, I most certainly don't have £422. And, to be honest, I don't have the £187. The man wanted to know how much my disability was and I said I didn't remember.

I guess, after sharing all of this, I should ask; do I really owe £422 for the parking ticket? And is all of this true that he will come back and take everything I have? All I have is a telly now and the old laptop...and the car. I do have a Blue Badge for the car. It's 15 years old and I doubt he could get £422 for it!

This has come as a real shocker, especially the guy's aggressive behaviour. It was bizarre how he would never look me in the eye. Very disconcerting.

Anything I ought to do to buffer the next assault he's going to make? Thank you!
Fr B+

Hithard

#2 Re: The 0645 Kamakazee Attack Is This Intimidating Man True?

Post by Hithard » 30 Oct 2015 11:58

Did he leave any paperwork?
Were you aware of any fines?
Did he show you a warrant or identification?
Furthermore as you are disabled he should be very very wary about the way he carries out enforcement.

This goon has gone about enforcement wrongly in so many ways. Run the online check (it's quick and simple) then let it knows what it says. http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/fo ... p?id=42200
Descendite ne illegitimi

VVIC

#3 Re: The 0645 Kamakazee Attack Is This Intimidating Man True?

Post by VVIC » 30 Oct 2015 13:59

Thank you so very much for this information. I did tell him I was on disability multiple times. When he said he was taking the car, I told him it was the red car with the disability badge in the window. He left virtually nothing other than a mobile number. That's all! I know nothing more about him. He never showed any ID, but I was a bit slow in the mind and let him in without fully understanding what he was saying. It only began to sink in when he grabbed my old laptop and pulled it off the table. It caused the printer to fall onto the floor. I was telling him there were wires connected to it as he pulled it away.
He told me I had to phone my son whilst he was phoning the removal people. I explained my son was in the states visiting his aunt who is dying and it was around 3am there. He said I had to call. I tried, but could only leave a message. The man told me to phone again as he wasn't leaving. I again tried, but told my son on the message it was about some money for a ticket of some sort, but I didn't know what it was. However, I'm still not sure he's received it yet as I think pay as you go phones don't always work when taken to the states...or perhaps he can't phone me back. That's not my greater worry, it's this man who was here. He was extremely intimidating. And if I'm really honest, he was a bit frightening. All I know is that he said he was from a company called Marston, yet even the spelling of the word 'judgement' was not spelt correctly. I have not heard from him today. But it may be that he's waiting until Tuesday when I receive my disability.
Thank you for your kind advice. I'm afraid there's nothing for me to actually check on the link you provided.

Hithard

#4 Re: The 0645 Kamakazee Attack Is This Intimidating Man True?

Post by Hithard » 30 Oct 2015 17:01

There's a little button at the bottom of the page that says 'continue'
Try this http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/fo ... &mf_page=2

It's a common ploy for the crooks from Marstons to pretend to be on the phone calling a removal van when in fact they haven't rung anybody. What he is supposed to do (if enforcement is being carried out properly) is make a list of possible goods that could be auctioned which is known as a 'controlled goods agreement' which leaves the goods still usable by you and arrange a payment plan in instalments.
He hasn't done that and as you have received no documentation from you then he cannot force his way into your home.

Try that link I've just posted and let us know what it says. Also again, have you received any previous correspondence from the council or bailiffs regarding any traffic fines? If not then there is action we can advise on to halt any enforcement action.
If this guy turns up again don't let him in and phone the police. Don't say it's a bailiff just mention that there's a confidence trickster trying to gain entry and you're a vulnerable person.
Descendite ne illegitimi

Mark1960

#5 Re: The 0645 Kamakazee Attack Is This Intimidating Man True?

Post by Mark1960 » 31 Oct 2015 08:04

VVIC wrote:Thank you so very much for this information. I did tell him I was on disability multiple times. When he said he was taking the car, I told him it was the red car with the disability badge in the window. He left virtually nothing other than a mobile number. That's all! I know nothing more about him. He never showed any ID, but I was a bit slow in the mind and let him in without fully understanding what he was saying. It only began to sink in when he grabbed my old laptop and pulled it off the table. It caused the printer to fall onto the floor. I was telling him there were wires connected to it as he pulled it away.
He told me I had to phone my son whilst he was phoning the removal people. I explained my son was in the states visiting his aunt who is dying and it was around 3am there. He said I had to call. I tried, but could only leave a message. The man told me to phone again as he wasn't leaving. I again tried, but told my son on the message it was about some money for a ticket of some sort, but I didn't know what it was. However, I'm still not sure he's received it yet as I think pay as you go phones don't always work when taken to the states...or perhaps he can't phone me back. That's not my greater worry, it's this man who was here. He was extremely intimidating. And if I'm really honest, he was a bit frightening. All I know is that he said he was from a company called Marston, yet even the spelling of the word 'judgement' was not spelt correctly. I have not heard from him today. But it may be that he's waiting until Tuesday when I receive my disability.
Thank you for your kind advice. I'm afraid there's nothing for me to actually check on the link you provided.
With regards to the amount owed, there is not much that you can do about it other than to confirm that the council will have sent the relevant notices to the correct address (which I suspect that they will have as they will have gone off the car details)

You should write a letter to the recovery department of your local council, explaining your health problems and enclose copies of paperwork that will support this. Ask that you may be permitted to pay the debt by way of instalments (stating what you propose to pay each week) Explain that you are on disability benefit and that this is the most you can afford each week.

Go on to advise that you have no goods of value and that your vehicle is exempt as it is displaying a blue badge.

Ask that enforcement action is suspended whilst your offer is considered.

The offer should be sensible but not to place you in a situation where it impacts your ability to buy food, pay bills etc. You need to be able to keep up payments, otherwise you'll be back to square 1.

If the bailiff returns, tell him that the matter is now with the council and until it is resolved, you are not willing to allow him entry to your home. Then shut the door-Better still, do not open it and speak through a window (or not at all if you prefer) You are not legally obliged to speak or deal with this man.

Any problems with the council, post back & we'll get a formal complaint in for you.

VVIC

#6 Re: The 0645 Kamakazee Attack Is This Intimidating Man True?

Post by VVIC » 01 Nov 2015 11:42

I'm so very grateful for your advice and guidance. I will indeed contact the council enforcement in the new week to discuss this.
As for this man from Marston; as appalling and intimidating as this was, I can't imagine how terrified others might be at his behaviour, especially in the absence of any identification, professionalism, or even compassion. The man was visibly angry because it took me several minutes to get down the stairs to open the door. I kept calling out, saying I was coming, yet he was screaming through the letter box. I only had on my night clothes and struggle with the handrail and my crutch to get down the stairs, plus even opening the door can sometimes be a challenge. The Macmillan nurse has a key, as does a neighbour, so I couldn't imagine who it was that was banging. I was going to dress down the man, thinking it was a new postman, especially coming so early in the morning.

I've still not recovered the knee-knocking from this event. Sadly, as I have no way of knowing the man's name at all, I can't even file a proper complaint. All I have is a mobile number he provided.

Whilst I realise there's nothing anyone can do about this, I'll provide the man's mobile number in the event someone else faces a similar situation. It is: 07958 451276.

Thank you again

Fr B+