Lambeth council tax

We might be able to work it out.
Hamm3r

Lambeth council tax

Post by Hamm3r » 17 Nov 2015 15:41

Hi guys,

So I moved out of my rented accommodation in the first of December, 2012. I sent the council notice of my moving and paid all monies that were owed. It would appear that the council never filed my change if address and considered me liable. As of June of the following year, I was(without my knowledge as all communications went to old address), subject to a liability order for around five hundred pounds. After they tracked me down earlier thus year(and after much to-ing and fro-ing) they conceeded that I was not liable. I am now being chased for the 128 pounds fee that was brought by them getting a liability order. Plus bailiff costs of £75. Have tried many times to explain the situation to the council, but they seem to be willfully ignorant. Am going through the complaints procedure, which ill follow up with the ombudsman if needs be. But im not liable for these costs, right? Ive got Equita breathing diwn my neck, threatening home visits and extra costs... Any ideas anyone? Am giung spare here! Thank you in advance for your help!

Schedule 12

Re: Lambeth council tax

Post by Schedule 12 » 17 Nov 2015 19:59

You can get the liability order quashed. You just need to persuade a magistrate that you moved out and give the council the notice. A sworn statement should suffice.

An application for a liability is in the Magistrates court, and if you did not know of them, then they are invalid. Section 14 of the Magistrates Courts Act 1980.
I am a paralegal working for solicitors bringing proceedings against bailiffs for non-compliant enforcement action.

Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Phone consultation with me

Enforcement compliance Checklist