marstons!

We might be able to work it out.
sugacube

#1 marstons!

Post by sugacube » 15 Jan 2016 01:34

i hope im in the right place to ask a few questions about marstons? i have recently received letters from them stating a warrant has been issued for my arrest if i dont make a payment to a fine left unpaid due to extreme financial difficulties. he told me he had been instructed by a magistrates court to talk to me and if i didnt make payment or tried to avoid paying i would be taken to a police station and immediately taken into custody. i was suspicious of what he was saying so i wondered if there is any truth in it? fortunately for me i have managed to borrow the cash and im due to pay tomorrow. am i doing the right thing? thank you.

Schedule 12

#2 Re: marstons!

Post by Schedule 12 » 15 Jan 2016 07:52

It means Marston has lost you and stick that letter into addresses they think you are living at in an effort to get you to call them and they get your mobile number and "confirm" (establish) your address. It's a phishing exercise.

Use someone else's mobile number to call from and give any old address. You can use ours if you like. They only lead marston tracng agents to an address in Ladbroke Grove in West London, but you can discover the identity of the fine and you can put in a section 14 statutory declaration which kills the conviction and the fine.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

sugacube

#3 Re: marstons!

Post by sugacube » 18 Jan 2016 04:07

thanks for the quick reply, i had some trouble with login hence my delay, although i was able to read ur reply so made my excuses and cancelled the payment i was going to make fri. i am aware there is a fine which is at least 3years old, (no road tax on a car which was waiting to b towed by scrap dealers, who were late). just befor xmas my parents had a call (not lived at home for 25 years) asking for me or if they knew me pass on a message to call the warrant officer of the local magistrates court as it was very important, in a panic i did so as i could not recall anything i may have done to get such a call. foolishly i agreed to attend a court hearing to hand over a means form although cancelled this which was agreed to by the officer due to not being able to take time off from work. another appointment was made for fri 16.1.16, but again due to no time off work i agreed the night befor to pay in full so i wouldnt have to attend. in the mean time, alarm bells began to ring as i had to give him bank details so he could take payment, which i didnt want to do, also he kept saying i would be immediately arrested with no bail if i failed to make payment which also didnt ring true. whilst i am not trying to avoid paying if i owe i feel im being bullied by this 'officer' and made to pay else i'll go try prison. i have no previous criminal record and only this debt of £252.00. where do i go from here? worried the police will turn up at work and take me away?! what is a section 14 statutory declaration?

sugacube

#4 Re: marstons!

Post by sugacube » 18 Jan 2016 04:42

just thought, when i said im aware of a fine, im not 100% wot type of bill or fine this is, ive never attended any court apperance or appointment.

Schedule 12

#5 Re: marstons!

Post by Schedule 12 » 18 Jan 2016 09:40

sugacube

#6 Re: marstons!

Post by sugacube » 18 Jan 2016 11:59

I have wot looks like a false arrest warrant, its not on official headed paper but just marstons address, I called the non emergancy police, they have no record of me. I have several tex messages threatening me with immediate arrest if I dont comply. Fogive me if I sound 'blonde' but still dont no wot to do?!

sugacube

#7 Re: marstons!

Post by sugacube » 18 Jan 2016 12:08

Wot will happen if I call the courts and there is a warrant for my arrest? Will they come looking for me?

Schedule 12

#8 Re: marstons!

Post by Schedule 12 » 18 Jan 2016 12:27

Post it up with your personal details hidden. I have a feeling I've seen this before and its a phishing exercise trying to get you to contact Marston and they "confirm" (trace) your address and number.

sugacube

#9 Re: marstons!

Post by sugacube » 19 Jan 2016 12:42

Thank u

sugacube

#10 Re: marstons!

Post by sugacube » 19 Jan 2016 17:46

copy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sugacube

#11 Re: marstons!

Post by sugacube » 19 Jan 2016 18:40

Pic

Schedule 12

#12 Re: marstons!

Post by Schedule 12 » 19 Jan 2016 19:06

It's Marstons phishing letter.

It's their way of trying to trace lost debtors so they take guesses and put that template letter everywhere in a hope it gets you to make contact.

Robert Mclaughlin is not a warrant officer. In fact he is an officer in any capacity, nor does he work for the court.

He works for a bailiff company.

http://certificatedbailiffs.justice.gov ... Mclaughlin

sugacube

#13 Re: marstons!

Post by sugacube » 19 Jan 2016 23:51

wow! feel quite foolish! although I doubted everything he said I was still worried about wot might of happened to me. can I assume, for future reference, debt or no debt, anything marstons say is probably rubbish? thanks for your help, much appreciated.