Scammed by dcbl

We might be able to work it out.
Dodgy bailiffs

#1 Scammed by dcbl

Post by Dodgy bailiffs » 02 May 2016 17:57

Hi all I run a retail shop that got ambushed by dcbl claiming they had sent a notice for recovery of debt that was owed (never received any notice but told by bailiff to take it up with British mail) there was a ccj again'st my business just over £900 that included court costs (to a private parking company)

The bailiff was demanding 3 times that £2700 i wasn't at the shop and my son rang me to inform me.
I was confused with the amount so I rang the claimant (private parking company) was told to ring dcbl which I did and the figure dcbl wanted was considerably less than what the bailiff wanted.
Questioned if there was going to be any more to pay and was told as long as i pay this over the phone "it would be put to bed" paid dcbl over the phone with my debit card job done went to the shop to tell the bailiff that i had paid his company but he wasn't having any of that.

He was demanding the full amount or his going to start removing goods under the threat of blackmail I ended up paying the full amount. Wanted to know about the amount that i had paid he told me that I will get it back in 7 days.
Spoke to the person at dcbl infact the same person that had said "it would be put to bed" wow what a change of character not interested.

The question is what can i do about this and how long have I got to get things moving. (Ideally would like all my money that i had paid back)
And how many options have i got.
I could really do with all the help i can get please.

jasonDWB

#2 Re: Scammed by dcbl

Post by jasonDWB » 02 May 2016 19:04

Having a detailed assessment hearing is the way to go. It gets the fees refunded with minimal contact with the bailiff company.

Before starting that Run the High Court enforcement compliance check..

The court will ask for evidence of the date the notice was posted.

DCBL recently lost a case because it failed to record the date the notice was given.and had to pay back over £4000 in fees. They drew a copy of the notice in evidence, but there was no evidence it had been given.
Author, Dealing with Bailiffs. Beat the Bailiffs
Instant phone consultation with me: Click here

Dodgy bailiffs

#3 Re: Scammed by dcbl

Post by Dodgy bailiffs » 03 May 2016 11:36

Can i not do a more direct route such as try for a charge back and if i do that what are the consequences.
At least i'll be able to get my money back with minimal effort.

jasonDWB

#4 Re: Scammed by dcbl

Post by jasonDWB » 03 May 2016 11:59

Yes. Do a chargeback. That will give an immediate relief.

Dodgy bailiffs

#5 Re: Scammed by dcbl

Post by Dodgy bailiffs » 04 May 2016 21:55

If i do a charge back is there any consequences.

jasonDWB

#6 Re: Scammed by dcbl

Post by jasonDWB » 05 May 2016 08:16

None.

Nothing in Schedule 12 revives the enforcement power.