Rossendales

We might be able to work it out.
cos

#1 Rossendales

Post by cos » 05 Jun 2016 10:45

Hello there, please someone tell me what's going on.

On Friday 3-06-2016 I got home and found a letter telling me to pay a debt of 422 pounds for council tax, it wrote FOR NON PAYMENT OF COUNCIL TAX CALL NOW.
It had a contact phone number 07725543462 and a contact name SAM, just Sam.
So I rang the number and directed me to an voice box even if it was still 4pm, and I told them I was going to take legal action against them because all my payments are up to date.
This morning Sunday 5-06-2016, at the earliest hours of the morning a bloke rang me from the above number telling me that he's upset because I called him a c##t and when I asked him to tell me his full name he avoided that by threatening me with prison and that he was searching for my car on Friday, and when I asked him more details he told me that I have totalled 422 pounds in parking fines with an R registered vehicle in Leicester city centre.
Truth is that I had a couple of fines but I payd them and I sold that vehicle last year, also because it's been more than a year since those parking fines (and were payd) and the vehicle was sold for scrap to WeBuyAnyCar , and I dont have and physical evidence of payments (except the bank extracts) how will I prove that I payd them ?
Also that Sam caracter told me not to go to the Leicester City Council on Monday as I was planing and instead await for him to ring me again Monday morning.

I know it was a mistake ringing them, this I found only now reading the forum, so what do I do now ? Can they put me in prison for 90 days like that guy was threatening me ? or if they force themself in my flat can I use force againt them (Castle Doctrine) ? or what if they break into the flat when I'm not there ?

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#2 Re: Rossendales

Post by Pote Snitkin » 05 Jun 2016 10:59

Well as it's either CT, or more likely looking at the amount, a PCN, forced entry is not allowed on either. Any vehicle you have outside is at risk however. You need to get more info as to what this debt is for and when it is from.

Sounds like Samir Hourani from Rossendales. Ignore his 'orders' and find out what it's about.
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

Schedule 12

#3 Re: Rossendales

Post by Schedule 12 » 05 Jun 2016 11:59

You can't go to prison for either of these.

Download ACR Pro on your phone £2.99 from Play store and record the bailiffs threats. Upload the AMR file here and I'll tell you what you can do about it. We can move your call recording to private members so it's not publicly available on the Internet. Call Amy who is the board administrator and she can help you.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

cos

#4 Re: Rossendales

Post by cos » 08 Jun 2016 13:48

Thanks for replying.
Sadly I have a phone that lets me speak and text, I refused to switch to the new smartphones because I dont use a phone for anything else, regret that I couldnt record monday morning conversation. Basically he rang me again and DEMANDED that I pay, then I asked for evidence, he said that de dosent need any evidence (I made him repeat himself) then claimed he has a DVLA order on my name (a new story) and implied that we should meet face to face so we can chat more in 30 minutes, told him that I'll be waiting for him and give him what he wants. Nobody showed up in 1 hour so I went to the council, a lady there told me that every thing is up to date and I have no debts, she also took a fotocopy of the rossendales letter and that I should ring them (rossendales) to find out what it is about.

What should I do now ? I dont really want to speak with that guy because he's very rude. Also for all the cars that I've swapped untill now, the DVLA found me and did not even gave me a chance to not pay road tax, I suspect that what rossendales is doing now is without a legal base.

Schedule 12

#5 Re: Rossendales

Post by Schedule 12 » 08 Jun 2016 16:19

I'm not sure what a "DVLA Order" is.

It looks like your bailiff is a fruit & nutcase.

Your original post is about council tax and now its car tax. Rosendales has never worked in car tax (unless this is very new).

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#6 Re: Rossendales

Post by Pote Snitkin » 08 Jun 2016 17:17

Which one is it? Council Tax, PCN or DVLA? I think you need to scan the letter and post it up.
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

cos

#7 Re: Rossendales

Post by cos » 09 Jun 2016 11:43

forum.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Schedule 12

#8 Re: Rossendales

Post by Schedule 12 » 09 Jun 2016 11:53

Is that the ONLY document you received from Rossendales?

Its not compliant with regulation 6, so it counts for nothing as far as enforcement if concerned.

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#9 Re: Rossendales

Post by Pote Snitkin » 09 Jun 2016 12:24

So £422? That's £310 fees, maybe £90 LO costs..... meaning the original debt was about £22.

Ask the council if they ever gained a LO for council tax. For me, despite it being on a CT letter, the amount tallies with a typical PCN debt.