Marston Holdings

We might be able to work it out.
KimLouise

#1 Marston Holdings

Post by KimLouise » 06 Jun 2016 11:46

Hi all

Please could someone help, apparently i have had a unpaid TV license fine from 2014 which has gone to court and i received a fine, to be honest i vaguely remember this but have suffered from severe anxiety and depression and have spells of just burying my head in the sand and just throwing my post out

today when i got back from the school run and there was a letter from Marston Holdings on behalf of HMCTS West MIDLANDS

saying i owe £650 and this was a final notice and they will be back after 7pm today to collect payment or remove goods.

i phoned the enforcement officer and he came back but stayed outside. He said that he was here to collect £650 if not he sends a removal van out to collect goods, these people will come with a locksmith and the police and come in and take goods, and also said that they will add on another £400 in fees so will be removing goods worth £1000 and that if my stuff wasnt worth that they will just keep coming back when i replace it and take that or i could go to prison!

im terrified, i dont have £650 and i have 6 young children, one only 3 weeks old. i offered a payment plan but this was declined!

please help, what can i do

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Marston Holdings

Post by Schedule 12 » 06 Jun 2016 12:18

You were obviously fines without an ascertainment of means.

That suggested the court sent bailiffs and you have not been means tested.

If you have not been means tested before receiving contact from a bailiff then the court is not complying with court rules Section 165 of the Criminal Justice Act 2003.

Contact the Fines officer and say you have not been means tested under section 163. If the fines officer says "contact the bailiffs" then phone the Parliamentary ombudsman and say the fines officer failed to comply with Section 163. Say its time critical and ask they intervene.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

KimLouise

#3 Re: Marston Holdings

Post by KimLouise » 06 Jun 2016 12:26

thank you for your reply,

when you say Fines Officer, who do you mean? the court? or Marstons,

I was told that marstons are coming back today, what do i say to them?

Schedule 12

#4 Re: Marston Holdings

Post by Schedule 12 » 06 Jun 2016 12:31

HM Court service.

Marston is a company and doesn't have any "officers".

If a bailiff returns then tell them to contact the cines officer at Court because the enforcement fails on Section 165 and they are investigating. If a bailiff continues action then caution him that he is in breach of Paragraph 6(3)(b) of schedule 12 because the defaulter must be means tested before an enforcement step may be taken, and an action can be brought against him under paragraph 66 of that schedule.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

KimLouise

#5 Re: Marston Holdings

Post by KimLouise » 06 Jun 2016 12:36

Thank you so much, i will phone them now

KimLouise

#6 Re: Marston Holdings

Post by KimLouise » 06 Jun 2016 12:55

so the courts wont help, i am on the phone with the ombudsman now

steven

#7 Re: Marston Holdings