Bailiff sticker left on car

We might be able to work it out.
Timjag

#1 Bailiff sticker left on car

Post by Timjag » 09 May 2017 02:02

About a month ago my car had a bailiff sticker stuck on the window of my car, no clamp, no letter of enforcement just bold red letters saying "taking control of goods act 2013" nonpayment of debts and a sharpy scrawled phone number and reference number, I came to the conclusion it was some dodgy scam so ignored it, now it's happened again about a month later, this time they used my first name on the scrawl. Still no letter of enforcement or any details whatsoever. Now a few days before the first sticker my car was broken into, my partner's gym bag was stolen and all my documents were thrown around -some contained my name and car ownership details. Both these sticker events happened on a Sunday night around midnight to 1 am.

We have had a hell year, I was severely injured in a bad work accident before Christmas and we've had to move twice in the last two years - there may well be some parking fine sent to a previous address or even council tax - though I seriously doubt it - I'm sure I'm up to date.

Anyhow as I say, we've received no written warning and these stickers contain no information other than a phone number which I am loathed to call. I shall be ringing various councils to find out if there's anything outstanding - I am not able to work at the moment and I need my car, this is a bizzare sutuation.

Any ideas?!

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Bailiff sticker left on car

Post by Schedule 12 » 09 May 2017 09:59

You need to report it to the police. If you still have the stickers, they need to be handed in as well. If you can, post up a photo and I'll see if I can identify the source.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Timjag

#3 Re: Bailiff sticker left on car

Post by Timjag » 09 May 2017 14:25

It was quite shoddy looking - not like real ones I've had in the past that won't come off - like a cheap printer job on sticky backed paper
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Schedule 12

#4 Re: Bailiff sticker left on car

Post by Schedule 12 » 09 May 2017 14:36

The mobile number is not being answered.

The reference number doesn't even look right. Bailiff companies use either of two software packages for managing debt recovery cases. Both use a 7-digit reference number, and your sticker has a reference number with 8 digits. Otherwise, I can trace the origin of the bailiff who put it there.

I'd hand it into police
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Timjag

#5 Re: Bailiff sticker left on car

Post by Timjag » 09 May 2017 15:18

Thanks for your help, I'll take them both in.