Notice of debt recovery

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
julia

Notice of debt recovery

Post by julia » 30 Mar 2018 14:11

HI I need help please.
I received a parking fine from a private parking company for not paying and displaying my ticket on 30.03.2015, I initially spoke to the company EXCEL PARKING SERVICES and was told i need to put my query in writing to them, I did this and heard nothing from them for a while then a few letters came through the door in which i ignored as i had already written to them as advised. I stated in my letter that i was unable to pay at the time of parking as the payment machines were out of order and all covered. The letters occasionally came through the door my fine went from £60.00 to £260.00 so on the 24.08.2017 i looked for help on the net and most people said the same thing "there is nothing a private landowner can do" and lots of people who had experienced the same thing with the same company. I then came across a letter template in the WHICH guide so i used that and emailed it to EXCEL PARKING SERVICES, basically stating that the payment machines were out of order and there was no other way to pay and i looked forward to receiving notification within 28 days that the parking charge notice has been cancelled. I have heard absolutely nothing from this company since, until today i received a letter from a company called dcbl.. the heading of the letter says notice of debt recovery and states my overdue amount of £260.76 due to excel parking services limited in relation to county court judgement number..... has now been passed to them ( DIRECT COLLECTION BAILIFFS LIMITED) to recover the debt on their behalf and a further £75.00 + vat administration and recovery fee has now been occurred therefore the total amount now due is £350.76.To ensure no further action will take place please make immediate payment and failure to address this within 14 days of the date of the letter 24.03.2017( i only received today) will result in my case being reviewed for legal recovery and such costs being added to the debt for recovery. On the back of the letter it shows a picture of "as seen on tv channel 5 can't pay we'll take it away!. I didnt even realise i had a ccj from excel parking so have just joined a credit report company and yes it's there they added it to my credit file on 24.08.2016.
please can somebody help me i really don't know where to go with this.
thanks julia

Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Re: Notice of debt recovery

Post by Syd Snitkin » 30 Mar 2018 14:28

I doubt you do have a CCJ. DCBL also act as mere debt collectors who have no powers whatsoever. Can you post up a copy of the letter so we can check it out? Hide any personal details.
Dodgeball on the Criminal Procedure Rules - "FMOTL nonsense". Discuss.

julia

Post by julia » 30 Mar 2018 14:35

unfortunately i do have a ccj i have just joined experian and its there.. i will try and and post a copy of my letter not sure how to do it? im just so worried as i have seen that programme and i work long hours,im worried if they come round my children will let them in . surely excel parking know their payment machines were down that day?

julia

Post by julia » 30 Mar 2018 15:10

This is the letter I received.

julia

Post by julia » 30 Mar 2018 15:17

RE: Here is my second attempt at uploading the files, sorry for the inconvenience.

Schedule 12

Post by Schedule 12 » 30 Mar 2018 15:20

I tried uploading something and I also got an error.

I'll try and fix tha5 from here.
I am a paralegal working for solicitors bringing proceedings against bailiffs for non-compliant enforcement action.

Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Phone consultation with me

Enforcement compliance Checklist

julia

Post by julia » 30 Mar 2018 15:23

I guess im just going to have to pay!! although i don't owe it, but the debt is just going up.

Schedule 12

Post by Schedule 12 » 30 Mar 2018 17:36

its a public holiday. not much will happen today. im working on fixing the uploads error.
I am a paralegal working for solicitors bringing proceedings against bailiffs for non-compliant enforcement action.

Schedule 12

Post by Schedule 12 » 30 Mar 2018 18:06

If you did not know about the proceedings then make an application on a form N244 to the county court to set aside the judgment. If you have changed address, then that is evidence you have not received the Notice of Issue of the claim. Apply for your court fee and that will be set off any future claim if it is reinstated.

That will stop the enforcement and put the fees to bed.