Capquest and Warrant of Control

Apply to Stay the Writ. Set Aside the Judgment. Apply for more time to pay. Stop the Bailiff. Cancel the Fees.
Mobius1

Capquest and Warrant of Control

Post by Mobius1 » 01 Apr 2018 12:33

I was made reduntant a while back and fell into debt. One of the debts (Littlewoods) was passed to Capquest / Restons, but stupidly due to the stress at the time, I buried my head in the sand and ignored it.

I've recieved Warrant of Control from the county court which says I have to clear the balance by the 3rd of April (£860) otherwise they will send their bailiffs. I've filled in a N245 and an EX160 which I plan on taking to the county court myself tomorrow.

Due to my circumstances I've also applied for a DRO which I'm paying small installments toward the £90 fee for that.

I just need advice on how to deal with the bailiffs. I know not to let them in and keep all doors and windows shut, but I wonder if it's worth going outside if and when they come to talk with them and lock the door behind me. Is it worth mentioning the N245 and DRO applications or wll it fall on deaf ears?

Mobius1

Re: Capquest and Warrant of Control

Post by Mobius1 » 01 Apr 2018 12:34

They also attached this to the warrant:

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Pote Snitkin » 01 Apr 2018 13:00

It'll be a County Court bailiff rather than a private one, so they should be easier to deal with. You don't have to let them in and they cannot force entry - anything of value outside, eg car, bike, etc can be targeted.

Just inform the bailiff that you're applying for a DRO and this debt will be included into that.
Dodgeball on the Criminal Procedure Rules - "FMOTL nonsense". Discuss.

Mobius1

Post by Mobius1 » 01 Apr 2018 13:06

Pote Snitkin wrote:
01 Apr 2018 13:00
It'll be a County Court bailiff rather than a private one, so they should be easier to deal with. You don't have to let them in and they cannot force entry - anything of value outside, eg car, bike, etc can be targeted.

Just inform the bailiff that you're applying for a DRO and this debt will be included into that.
Thank you, sir.

The only car we have is registered to my wife''s which is on the drive. Is it safe?

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Pote Snitkin » 01 Apr 2018 13:16

If she's the only one insured to drive it there shouldn't be a problem.
Dodgeball on the Criminal Procedure Rules - "FMOTL nonsense". Discuss.

Mobius1

Post by Mobius1 » 01 Apr 2018 13:25

OK, thanks again for the advice. I'll update this thread with the results.