payment extension request denied!!!!

Quash the Liability Order. Suspend Enforcement. Disputing Liabilities. Claim Damages for Misuse of Enforcement Power.
tyecotterill

payment extension request denied!!!!

Post by tyecotterill » 12 Apr 2018 19:15

I fell behind with my council tax and the account was sent over to Bristow and Sutor.
A payment plan of three payments of £249 was set up, two payments have been made successfully.
Unfortunately i am financially unable to make the last payment on time so sent the below letter to bristow and sutor.

""Since making the above agreement with you, my circumstances have changed. I cannot now afford to make the agreed monthly payment for the following reasons.
I have been employed through a recruitment agency as a HGV driver.
On Saturday 24th March 2018, I acquired an injury which has prevented me from attending work for two whole weeks as of today and is going to be at least another few days. As i am with an agency i do not receive sick pay and i have only earned 3 days holiday so far.
Due to all this, my earnings for the month April are extremely low.
Because of my circumstances, please agree to alter my payment schedule so that my last and final payment will be paid on *Friday 1st June* rather than Tuesday 1st may.If you are adding interest or other charges to the account, I would be grateful if you freeze these so that the debt does not increase.
If my circumstances improve in time to pay on time, I will contact you again.""

i received an email back from them stating that i cannot make the payment at a later date and if i fail to pay on time my agreement will be cancelled.
more worrying than this, they then went on in bold and underlined font stating that they will then move to seize my goods.

ANY ADVICE ON WHAT I CAN DO???

Schedule 12

Re: payment extension request denied!!!!

Post by Schedule 12 » 12 Apr 2018 20:36

I am a paralegal working for solicitors bringing proceedings against bailiffs for non-compliant enforcement action.

Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Phone consultation with me

Enforcement compliance Checklist

John The Baptist

Re: payment extension request denied!!!!

Post by John The Baptist » 12 Apr 2018 21:01

tyecotterill wrote:
12 Apr 2018 19:15
I fell behind with my council tax and the account was sent over to Bristow and Sutor.
A payment plan of three payments of £249 was set up, two payments have been made successfully.
Unfortunately i am financially unable to make the last payment on time so sent the below letter to bristow and sutor.

""Since making the above agreement with you, my circumstances have changed. I cannot now afford to make the agreed monthly payment for the following reasons.
I have been employed through a recruitment agency as a HGV driver.
On Saturday 24th March 2018, I acquired an injury which has prevented me from attending work for two whole weeks as of today and is going to be at least another few days. As i am with an agency i do not receive sick pay and i have only earned 3 days holiday so far.
Due to all this, my earnings for the month April are extremely low.
Because of my circumstances, please agree to alter my payment schedule so that my last and final payment will be paid on *Friday 1st June* rather than Tuesday 1st may.If you are adding interest or other charges to the account, I would be grateful if you freeze these so that the debt does not increase.
If my circumstances improve in time to pay on time, I will contact you again.""

i received an email back from them stating that i cannot make the payment at a later date and if i fail to pay on time my agreement will be cancelled.
more worrying than this, they then went on in bold and underlined font stating that they will then move to seize my goods.

ANY ADVICE ON WHAT I CAN DO???
Instigate a formal complaint to the council immediately. CC B&S in on the correspondence.

Outline the situation and history as per your post.

Quote the Taking Control of Goods:National Standards which states at section 24 that debtors should not be pressed into making unreasonable payments.

Point out that you have been reasonable and have attempted to pay this debt off as quickly as possible.

Ask that enforcement is suspended whilst this complaint is being considered.
Dodgeball on committal for council tax being a coercive measure - "FMOTL nonsense". Discuss